- “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” - Author Unknown
- “Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age.” - French proverb
- Thanks for hanging tough with me another year.
- Looking fifty is great – if you’re sixty.
- Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. -- Jack Benny
- I remember, I remember
The roses, red and white,
The violets, and the lily-cups,
Those flowers made of light!
The lilacs, where the robin built,
And where my brother set
The laburmum on his birthday,
-The tree is living yet. - Thomas Hood
- Time draweth wrinkles in a fair face, but addeth fresh colors to a fast friend. - John Lyle
- The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~Lucille Ball
- The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything. ~Oscar Wilde
- You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience. ~Author Unknown
- Be wise with speed; A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
- When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished a how much he had learned in seven years. - Mark Twain
- Life begins at forty. -W. B. Pitkin
- Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. - Georges Clemenceau