- “At times is it seems that I am living my life backward, and that at the approach of old age my real youth will begin. My soul was born covered with wrinkles-wrinkles that my ancestors and parents most assiduously put there and that I had the greatest trouble removing,...” - Andre Gide
- “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh yourself.” - Ethel Barrymore
- Thank you for your birthday wishes.
- I’m at an age when my back goes out more than I do.
- A man of forty today has nothing to worry him but falling hair, inability to button the top button, failing vision, shortness of breath, a tendency of the collar to shut off all breathing, trembling of the kidneys to whatever tune the orchestra is playing, and a general sense of giddiness when the matter of rent is brought up. Forty is Life's Golden Age. -- Robert Benchley
- When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. - Mark Twain
- You make me chuckle when you say that you are no longer young, that you have turned twenty-four. A man is or may be young to after sixty, and not old before eighty. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- The lovely thing about being forty is that you can appreciate twenty-five-year-old men. -Colleen McCullough
- When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. - James M. Barrie
- Today's a very special day
A day to celebrate
For today is your birthday
You've reached the grand old age of (insert age) !
- You make me chuckle when you say that you are no longer young, that you have turned twenty-four. A man is or may be young to after sixty, and not old before eighty. - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives. ~Maurice Chevalie
- Middle age is the time when a man is always thinking that in a week or two he will feel as good as ever. ~Don Marquis
- I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines. - Oliver Goldsmith